We are looking for a motivated, talented Java developer to join an experienced team of engineers in Melbourne. You will be working across our global market-leading suite of products. This is an opportunity for you to be a part of an Australian born leader in one of the highest growth sectors within social media and content marketing.
Hypetap was the first technology driven influencer agency in the region, and we are expanding our team due to another year of stellar growth in 2021. We provide a dynamic, friendly, exciting work environment with strong opportunities for growth. We have flexible working arrangements and we’re a dog friendly office.
We’re proud of our highly collaborative and creative engineering team culture, where everyone is able to use their unique skills to contribute to the success of the business and our clients. Our staff enjoy working in a fast-paced agile development environment where innovation, creative thinking and ownership are valued above all else.
If you’re excited by technology and are enthusiastic about applying your skills to solve real-world problems, we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for someone with software development experience working with the Java Spring/Spring Boot frameworks and its associated technologies at scale.
You’ll fit in well with our team if you have the drive to deliver, take pride in the quality of your work and have fanatical attention to detail.
What you will do:
- Apply your skills to help design, implement, develop, test and maintain new features for our market-leading suite of software
- Contribute ideas to product design and architecture
- Work on our continuous integration tool-chain
- Work independently and collaboratively in an agile team
- Help develop automated tests that ensure quality code
We need you to
- Be a bold, innovative thinker and natural problem solver with a strong work ethic, never content with the status quo
- Have the ability to communicate well, and work in a collaborative team environment
- Have great energy and a can-do attitude
- Be experienced with the design and development of layered applications and scalable REST APIs
- Have experienced with GIT based source control systems and CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Be approachable and assist team members to solve complex development problems
- Have a demonstrated passion and curiosity to investigate technology and acquire new skills
- Be familiar with working in a Linux development environment
- Have the ability to assist and mentor junior developers
- Have exposure to AWS/GCP/Azure Cloud
It’d be great if you also have:
- Exposure to No-SQL databases
- Familiarity or experience with social media API’s
What's in it for you?
Structured career and personal development within one of the most innovative influencer marketing businesses globally
We work in an agile development environment supported by the latest technology
An excellent work location, close to transport, surrounded by great food, good coffee, shops and pubs (when we are back in the office)
Support and coaching from experienced developers
A lively, creative and inclusive culture
Flexible work practices and WFH options
Are you our next Java Developer?
Apply now! Applications with a cover letter highlighting why you are suitable for this role will be favourably received.